COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Keeping YOU Safe From Covid-19
To keep everyone safe during the Pandemic known as Covid-19, we’ve set into place safety protocols as recommended by the Government of British Columbia and WorkSafeBC. We are taking this virus very seriously and following the lead of Dr. Bonnie Henry. While the vaccine has been approved (yay!), it may take up to a year for everyone to receive it, so we’ll be following these protocols until told otherwise by officials. Safety first!!
Some shoots happen in my studio and some in your space or out in a public place. Here is how my team is working to keep you safe when you visit my studio.
- Studio surfaces are disinfected before clients enter the studio and after they leave, including door knobs, toilets, sinks, clothing racks, steamer, any props used and countertops.
- We are allowing more time in between sessions to fully sanitize and prevent any client contact with each other.
- Sanitizer will be provided upon your arrival to our studio and will be available to you throughout your time with us.
- We will only work with one client at a time, so please do not bring guests with you.
- Upon your arrival, we’ll ask you to wash your hands thoroughly.
- Should anyone on our team feel ill, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Prepayment for services available if clients prefer a contactless checkout.
When we meet on location, either at your space or in a public place, both myself and the hair and makeup artist will do all we can, that is within our control, to uphold our covid-19 safety procedures as though we were in our own space. Please keep in mind that we are not able to control everything that is happening on location, but we promise to do our best to keep everyone safe and distanced. Here’s how you can help too.
What You Can Do
- Please postpone your photoshoot if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you have been sick with COVID-19, please make sure that you have isolated for 14 days.
- If you have been going to parties, large gatherings, or generally do not practice physical distancing, please refrain from booking with us.
- We appreciate punctuality, but please do not arrive early for your photoshoot.
Working Together Against Covid-19
- We will refrain from shaking hands or having a hug (I love me some hugs and miss them so!) and will not have any unnecessary contact.
- We will keep the physical distance of two metres as much as possible while we are in the studio together.
- While shooting, it is not difficult to work from two metres with a portrait lens.
- I will wear a mask and ask that you wear one upon arrival. You may take it off to do Hair & Makeup and the shoot itself.
Hair and Makeup
- Our hair and makeup artist will always wear PPE. She is highly trained in sanitization and is using extra precaution during this time.
- All makeup and hair tools will be fully sanitized between clients.
Here’s the good news: we are still able to make art together during this time, which is a great distraction and boost of joy during this pandemic! We just have to do it in a way that will keep us all safe and healthy.
Thank you for your consideration and we are excited to work with you safely!
Images shared with permission.
Michele Mateus is an award winning Vancouver area Personal Branding Photographer & Portrait Photographer.